MAINTENANCE WORKER (WATER & SEWER DEPARTMENT)
General Statement of Duties: Under an on-the-job training program with close supervision, performs a variety of unskilled manual tasks involving construction, maintenance, and repair of the Township water, sewer and storm sewer systems. Performs related work as required.
Example of Duties: The following are typical examples, but not limited to, types of work assignments for the position.
1. Repairs water and sewer system failures by digging, lifting, chipping, operating equipment, backfilling, pouring cement, site restoration after finishing repair.
2. Install and maintain water services, and other appurtenances such as valves, hydrants pumps etc.
3. Install, repair, test, and read water meters.
4. Operate machinery such as backhoes, trucks, sewer cleaners and a variety of power hand tools. Plow snow and harvest seaweed.
5. Lift and move a variety of objects including furniture, sandbags, snow, pipes and equipment.
6. Perform landscaping duties as required. Set up parks for summer and close them for winter.
7. Participate in emergency standby.
8. Operate, maintain and repair lift stations.
9. Discharges other related duties within the Employee’s Department, as assigned: (a) which member(s) of the classification have performed in the past, or (b) which are required to meet emergencies, or (c) which are required to provide necessary services when other Employees are absent or not available, or (d) which involve the use of new equipment, procedures or techniques in the performance of such duties.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Drivers License within probationary period
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor in all types of weather and under adverse conditions for extended periods of time.
Benefits: $21.48 per hour. Pension, Medical, Dental, and Vision.
General Maintenance Worker (Part-time)
Harrison Township is currently seeking a part-time maintenance worker for the main offices.
General Statement of Duties: The part time maintenance worker will work under the supervision of the head of maintenance. This position is responsible for general upkeep and cleaning of the Harrison Township Offices as well as the Senior Center. They are also responsible for other Harrison Township properties such as the parks.
Payscale: $13-16 per hour.