The Adopt-a-Garden program has been developed to support community involvement in creation and maintenance of our parks and open spaces. Stewardship by residents, service organization, Businesses, schools, churches and any interested individuals is supported and encouraged by the Beautification Commission of your Township. Responsibilities of the Adopt-a-Garden would include planting, plant maintenance, weeding, litter control and spring and fall cleanup. Harrison Township is our home to nurture and develop its potential for rewarding beautiful surroundings.
Benefits of the Adopt-a-Garden Program
- Community weed control
- Wildlife habitat development
- Enhancement of existing gardens
- Participant exposure and knowledge of plant material
- MSUE Master Gardener volunteer credit honored
- Academic community service hours honored
- Recognition certificates for all participants
Select a garden you wish to adopt from this list or submit you vision.
No gardening experience necessary but an opportunity for education exists. Contact the Beautification Chairman (586) 465-9747